Friday, January 12, 2007

There and back again, a Scurvy journey.

Hi! I'm glad to say I made it to NM and back in one piece. I had a great time, and since I am on the subject, I'd like to share a few pics. One day we took off and drove to Roswell, which was pretty much a 2 hour trip. We went with the intention of going to the UFO museum. I have to say it was definitely one of the most interesting museums I have been in. The streetlights there were pretty cool to start with. Even cooler than the 'Kisses' ones in Hershey Pa. in my opinion. The museum itself was really cool. It was built in an old movie theater which made it even cooler. It was the most detailed and extensive collection of the 1947 incident I have ever seen. There was some really amazing stuff there. One thing I really dug was the two models they had of the Nazi "Foo Fighter's" I really dug the model building aspect of them aside from the 'WTF' factor.

However, the icing on the cake...the crux of the biscuit, was the alien autopsy. It was actually used as a set/prop in a film, but way too cool.

Also on another day, my uncle and I went 4 wheeling out in the desert on the atv's. THat is something I always enjoy, and the possibilites to ride out there are literally endless. The only bummer was the day we went was really cold and snowy! I did get a few decent pictures of snow in the desert though. I missed a picture of a Red Tailed Hawk that was about 20 feet away sitting in the top of a short pine. Bummer.






All in all, I had a great time, and look forward to going back again. For now I will try and keep us entertained with my ramblings and stuff.

bonus tune! I Don't Wanna Grow Up- Tom Waits

No comments: