Monday, June 4, 2007

The time has come...

...for me to sell my Buick. First of all, let me just say I love this car, and deciding to sell it has not been an easy decision to come to. It has been in the family for 11 years now, and I have been familiar with it through various owners for about 16. I haven't done anything with it in a few years now, and it breaks my heart to just see it sitting in my garage collecting dust. Here's the rundown.

1972 Buick Riviera. Has the distinctive boattail design.

455 CI, 4BBl, 315 HP

Power everything.

Cruise Control.

This car will float down the highway, and has plenty of power. However, it is a 35 year old car, and is a project vehicle. There is a few rust issues which need attention. The rear quarters, which is an easy fix, and the roof under the vinyl top. That is the worst part of the car. There is signifigant bubbling under the vinyl, but several body guys have told me that it's not the end of the world. The frame was repaired in 1992, and is still in fantastic shape. I have a spare bumper for the rear which is included. The seats were professionally recovered from the original leather, to a woven fabric 'salt and pepper' design. Also the climate controls need attention.
Here's a few pictures.







I'd like to get $2500 for this car. Restored these cars book close to 20k. This one still has a lot of life left, I just want to see someone get it who will love it as much as I have.

contact me at driftwoodpile@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking.

No comments: