Wednesday, October 10, 2007

GSVR 3

Hey. Long time no see. I know I haven't been posting as much as I used to , but you gotta live your life, right? And do that I am. I just returned from Great Southern Van Run III in beautiful Cherokee North Carolina in the Smoky Mtns. It was put on by the Southeast Van Council. We left home at about 4:30 last Wednesday afternoon, and got there around the same time Friday afternoon after a few stops. Stayed friday night and Saturday, and left for home on Sunday. We rolled in about 8:00 monday night. What a time we had too! It was great to see my vannin' family again, and to introduce little Van to them. Yes, he went on his first van run at 10 weeks old! 2600 miles round trip, and i'd turn right around and do it again. I live for this stuff. Nothing puts me in a better state of mind than being around vans and vanners. Especially some awesome customs. Here are a few pics from the event.

We took the purple van down for this one.


The vans lined up for the show


Here's a shot of my as yet unnamed van in the show featuring the uber-rare cameo appearance by the Capn' on this blog. (and a leg shot from Mr. Van ;) )


the interior of one of the vans. The owner Kevin does competition chainsaw carving...
more on that later.


Boot's van, "Street Survivor". It's one of my favorite vans currently being built. In my opinion mid-Dodges look best when photographed from a worms eye view.


One of my favorite vans from the event. It's no secret I love the tandems so naturally this one stood out for me.


This super cool shorty was spotted at the Food Lion in Cherokee, and he invited the owner to the event. He had no idea anything like this was going on,and it turns out he had a really great time. I think we'll see him again.


Here's a pic I took during the run into town. Since I was bringing up the rear, I had a pretty unique perspective of the convoy.


Guess who took home the long haul trophy home... This was carved with a chainsaw, and is one of the most unique trophy's you will ever see from a truck-in.


Mr. Van and Mr. Finnegan waiting patiently for the van to be packed so we could get going home.


Speaking of going home, here's a last show of Magic Carpet Ride and Street Survivor with their matching go-karts. Awesome! I can't wait till next year.

1 comment:

liljack said...

Hey Cap'n, Glad to hear you guys made it home safe. I love the pic of the vans and karts at the gas station. I thought about getting out and snapping a shot myself but decided against it. I was pleased to see your picture.